- I hold zoom sessions for audition coaching (see actors page), drama exam coaching, voice coaching and acting technique.
- I offer the opportunity for an actor to gain knowledge and skills I learned from years of work as an actress on sets and stage and from my time training as an actress in the UK and at Toi Whakaari the New Zealand Drama School.
- I always endeavor to empower an actor to access honest emotion, develop and fine tune their abilities to be connected to the experience of their character and to communicate honestly and powerfully with the audience they want to effect.
- To book a session contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 022 419 3277
What’s on offer for students and schools?
- Teaches intensive days and or week/s for school holiday drama, screen acting and creative writing programs.
- Offers block courses at professional training institutions/Drama schools in acting for the Screen and Acting Shakespeare.
- Teaches NZSB Speech and Drama.
- Teaches Trinity College London examinations.
- Leads one and a half to two-hour Shakespeare and screen acting workshops in schools.
- Leads one off acting workshop intensives in acting Shakespeare and screen acting in schools.
- One on one zoom acting coaching for children, teens and adults.
- Dip Sec Teaching Drama and English 2021.
- Graduate actor Toi Whakaari NZ Drama School.
- Master of Arts Creative writing Script Stream IIML 2012.
- SGCNZ Globe Artistic fellow 2007.
- DEGNZ Inaugural Incubator participant 2016 for emerging female film makers.
- Two years Te Reo Maori papers Victoria University.
- Graduate Screen Production Honors degree Auckland University 2016.
- NZFC chosen MIFF Accelerator participant 2016.
- Graduate actor European Act, London, Paris and Berlin in association with RADA, 2009.
‘Kirsty watches and listens with perception and is brilliant at bringing out the best in people. ‘ – Kate Lindsay, Drama Teacher, Bayfield High School, Dunedin, Acting Shakespeare Course, 2011.
‘Kirsty brings considerable experience and hard-won technical flair to her teaching. In addition she has a warm and friendly manner, quickly gaining the trust of her students, so that she is able to create very quickly a working atmosphere that is both playful and focused. Her undoubted understanding of the fundamentals of acting and the special challenges of Shakespeare in particular, further inspire confidence…’ – Peter Feeney, actor, acting coach.
‘I learned a great deal from her and her enthusiasm and passion for her work was infectious…’ – student, Suzanne Adamson, Screen Acting Course, Glasgow, 2000.
‘She taught techniques about how to explore a text that I could understand and immediately put to use… I found the whole workshop was a great Shakespeare workout, but most of all I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The energy in the room was playful but focused, the best place for creativity. I feel I would benefit greatly from working with Kirsty in this way again and so would any other actor or student’ – Rachel Dyson-McGregor, Actress. Acting Shakespeare, 2006.
“You are an amazing teacher you have provided us with all the help we needed taking feedback and feed forward, improving and making every lesson more fun and productive at the same at with those small games at the start of the lessons.” – High school student, 2021
‘Kirsty took us on a roller-coaster of emotions with our scene and I had never felt so in touch with my character and my fellow actors…’ – Student, the Shakespeare Globe Center of New Zealand, NSSP, 2005.
‘The course was challenging, invigorating and incredibly rewarding. I found Kirsty to be an extremely knowledgeable, very passionate and utterly inspirational teacher…’ – Gerry Hay, Actor, Glasgow Media Access Center Limited, Screen Acting Course, 2007.
Paste or describe an emoji that explains how you felt about this drama unit:
“It would be my face looking shocked next to my fully annotated work because one thing I learnt this unit was how to properly annotate my script and how to use beats. I reacted this way because I never expected to be able to write so much about my script”. – high school student, 2021.
“With her clear and open communication, Kirsty was able to quickly establish a rapport over zoom sessions where she coached both my daughter and son. Kirsty has a tremendous knowledge of Shakespeare and acting, and she taught warm-up exercises and gave background information, imparting her ideas on the play, character, intentions and movement. She was supportive and encouraging of their efforts, and they’d love to work with her again.” – Wonderful client family, 2022, zoom coaching for acting Shakespeare.
Prices for Zoom one on one coaching:
40.00 per half hour.
60.00 dollars per hour.
Prices for one on one in person coaching (Auckland, New Zealand only).
50 dollars per half hour
70 dollars per hour
Contact: email@example.com Mobile: 022 419 3277
Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063546218424